|P/S: something going wrong with the image.. will fix it later.. LOL!!!!|
Here is the recipe:-
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cups oil
1 cup granulated white sugar (gula pasir can do)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup nuts (pecans @ walnuts) - optional
1 cup raisins - optional
Cream Cheese Frosting (A):
250g cream cheese (any brand), softened
1/4 - 1/2 cup of dutch lady sweetened condensed milk
Cream Cheese Frosting (B):
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare 2 of 9' pans or one 12' cake pan or one 9' x 13 sheet pan.
2. Mix together all ingredients (A) in a bowl.
3. In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs and all ingredients (B) about a minute or so.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixtures and mix about 2 mins or more.
5. Add the grated carrots. The more carrots, the more moist is the cake. Then add nuts or raisins as per your preferences.
6. Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approximate 45 to 50 mins or till it cook (depend on your oven size and type). Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out. Cool then fill and frost with the cream cheese (you can choose any of the recipe either A or B) frosting. Can garnish with more nuts or grated cheddar (your preference).
7. To make the Cream Cheese Frosting:-
7.a Mix together the ingredients till it blend.
7.b A bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute. Add vanilla. Scape down the sides o the bowl and beat for another minute.